The latest edition of Urbino Now, the magazine that covers culture and travel for visitors to Urbino and Le Marche, is now available. If you’d like to curl up with a printed copy, please order from MagCloud. You can also read a free digital edition of the magazine on your iPad by downloading the MagCloud app and searching for Urbino Now. Or view an online “page-turning” edition created by ISSUU.
But as long as you’re here, feel free to peruse all the magazine’s stories—plus online bonus articles—right on this website. They’re listed below.
Arte e Cultura
- Restoring the Heart of History by MIKAYLA FRANCESE: A heart-shaped book holds music, poems, a journal—and a 500-year-old mystery. Plus: Where to see more restored books
- In the Footsteps of Ancient Rome by MEGAN NORTHCOTE: Urbino archaeologists uncover the life—and deaths—of a Roman town on the Via Flaminia. Plus: An interactive map to help you drive the ancient road
- Behind the Mask by ALLISON BUTLER: Handmade masks keep alive a 500-year-old theatrical tradition. Includes: A visual who’s who of Commedia Dell’Arte
- Simplicity by LEAH DE GRAAF: Ashley and Jason Bartner will teach you the secret of Italian cooking. Plus: Italian food’s not heavy!
- Sempre Famiglia by NANDI ALEXANDER: For the Beltramis of Cartoceto, making olive oil and cheese is a family affair. Plus: A foodie’s guide to Cartoceto and surrounds
- La Diva Della Via by AZIA TOUSSAINT: How to fit perfectly in Urbino’s fashion scene
- Healing the Cracks by SOFIA LUGO: Art restorers save works damaged in a 2009 earthquake—and heal lives at the same time. Plus: Where to see restored art
- Paradise Lost by ERICA DEMSON: A glimpse of Federico’s 15th century ideal city. Plus: An annotated guide to the painting The Ideal City
- Mushroom Madonna by STEPHANIE STRICKLAND: A day with Tonti Agostina, champion mushroom hunter. Plus: Make your own mushroom expedition
- Where Beer Maketh Glad the Heart of Man by MILANA KATIC: Visit Apecchio—the Città della Birra—where craft beer is replacing fine wine. Plus: Your day trip to Apecchio
- Sea By Cycle by PACHIA LEE: On the beach-side bike trail from Pesaro to Fano.
- Pass the Passatelli, Please: Try this regional dish
- Cheek Kissing 101: A guide to greeting, continental-style
- Roman Remnants Revealed: Where to find Roman leftovers in Urbino
- Divine Light: The Ducal Star has illuminated noble homes for 500 years
- Learn the Lingua Digitale: E-mail and text like an Italian
- Pause for Pausa: How to make the most of Urbino’s four-hour lunch break
- Federico Fest: Join the party for Federico da Montefeltro
- A Street for Italy’s “Beating Heart”: The story of Via Giuseppe Mazzini
- Pasta to Die For: Even priests can’t resist strozzapreti
- Order Coffee Like an Italian: “Latte” won’t get you want you want
- Debunking the Curse of the Ducal Palace: An Urbino legend is laid to rest